Sales and Purchasing Manager
Independent retail supplier of crop protection products, fertilizers and accommodations seeks a well -rounded individual to join our team. The key individual will be responsible for coordinating the sales staff, forecasting fertilizer requirements, fertilizer price negotiation and procurement and inventory management and logistics. One to one customer consulting is an important part of the assignment as well representing our company at occasional conferences and meetings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct retail sales program, assist in setting performance goals and supervise the sales team.
- Analyze sales statistics, formulate policy and promote sales.
- Work with sales staff to forecast needs and future product offerings.
- Direct product research and development.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Manage inventories and work with warehouse managers to coordinate storage strategies.
- Arrange product formulations, application strategies and deliveries in concert with sales personnel.
- Locate fertilizer products, negotiate pricing and obtain future commitments from suppliers and customers.
- Confer with customers to devise fertility and crop protection strategies.
- Direct and monitor all areas of regulatory compliance.
- Represent the company at continuing education seminars, conventions, conferences and trade association meetings.
Education and Experience:
An Agriculture related Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred though a wide range of agriculture related experience can be considered as a beneficial substitute. A California Pest Control Advisors license and a fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Written and verbal communication skills are vital to this position.
- Superior people skills are imperative.
- Computer literacy including MS Excel and Word. An understanding of AgVance accounting software is a plus.
We are a team company and customer satisfaction is our number one goal. We pride ourselves on our company culture of working as one in the support of our customers and other team members.
Please email your resume with your salary and benefits requirements care of:
Partner and Ag Recruitment Manager
P5 Consulting Services
Training Offered to College Students
Helena Chemical Company is offering training courses. You are just an internship away from learning firsthand about the importance of the "ag chem/fertilizer" industry in U.S. food production. The purpose of the program is to provide interested college students valuable in-field experience under the wings of experienced Pest Control Advisers. For information on the training classes call 559-582-0291, or visit the company's Web site at www.helenachemical.com